Dinner rolls are a must at your Thanksgiving table, but no one says you have to go with plain, traditional bread! Instead, ditch those rolls and bake up these easy and fragrant Rosemary-Maple Cornbread Muffins and drizzle with extra honey or maple syrup for a sweet touch no one can resist. With aromatic fresh herbs and a hint of sweetness, these Thanksgiving cornbread muffins will pair perfectly with turkey, gravy, and cranberry sauce!
Rosemary-Maple Cornbread Muffins
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons rosemary, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a muffin tin with nonstick spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and chopped rosemary.
- In another bowl, stir together the milk, honey, maple syrup, and vegetable oil.
- Mix the dry and wet until just combined. Do not over-stir or the muffins become dense.
- Fill up the prepared muffin cavities with the mixture about three-quarters of the way full.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown.