When your friends are raving about their morning pumpkin spice lattes, you can tell them about your new favorite evening drink. Our pumpkin fizz cocktail, inspired by A House In The Hills, delivers the festive flavors of fall in an easy, effervescent boozy brew.
Whether you look forward to winding down an autumn evening with a tasty alcoholic sip or need a seasonal refreshment for your holiday gatherings, this pumpkin fizz cocktail will quickly become your go-to fall-inspired drink.
ALSO TRY: Halloween Jell-O shots
Every alluring glass features a honey and brown sugar rim that leads the way to a lip-smacking blend of honey, pumpkin puree, lemon, bourbon, and ginger beer. This is the drink that will make you eager for the holiday season.
Bartender’s note: Though ginger beer sounds like a fermented alcoholic ginger-flavored brew, it is actually an effervescent soft drink that is alcohol-free. More robust and spicy in flavor compared to ginger ale, ginger beer is an indispensable ingredient for fall cocktails that need a zippy fizz. Ginger beer, unlike ginger ale, is actually fermented, but the alcohol content is exceedingly low, unless you seek out the ginger beers that boast an alcoholic kick. Alcoholic or not, ginger beer brings this pumpkin-based cocktail to life.
Rim a highball glass with brown sugar
Rimming cocktail glasses is an easy way to give drinks an additional component of complementary flavor as well as a fancy decorative presentation. For this drink, you need a sticky edge and brown sugar. Pour a small amount of honey into a small plate. Sprinkle brown sugar into a second small plate. Roll the edge of a highball glass in the honey to coat the rim, then roll the rim in the brown sugar.
Combine pumpkin puree, honey, and lemon juice in a shaker
Add pumpkin puree, 1 teaspoon honey, and lemon juice from half a lemon to a shaker. Muddle the mixture to mix the ingredients.
Add ice and bourbon to the shaker
Add ice and bourbon to the shaker and shake vigorously for 10 to 15 seconds. Add extra ice cubes to the prepared highball glass, taking care with the brown sugar on the rim. Strain the cocktail mixture into the glass.
Top off with ginger beer and garnish
Pour ginger beer into the highball glass, filling to the top. Garnish the glass with a lemon twist. Serve immediately.
Look at that gorgeous color!
The perfect holiday cocktail!
Pumpkin fizz cocktail
Yield 1 cocktail
- honey and brown sugar for rimming glass
- 1 ounce pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 whole lemon, juice only
- 1 1/2 ounces bourbon
- 1/2 bottle ginger beer
- 1 long slice of lemon, twisted
- Pour a bit of honey into a small plate. Sprinkle brown sugar into a second small plate.
- Slide the rim of a highball glass in the honey to make it sticky, then rim the edge of the glass with brown sugar. Set aside.
- Place pumpkin puree, honey, and juice from the half lemon in a cocktail shaker.
- Muddle the mixture.
- Add ice and bourbon to the shaker. Shake vigorously for 10 to 15 seconds.
- Use tongs to place additional ice into highball glass, being careful with the brown sugar rim.
- Strain the contents of the shaker into the prepared highball glass.
- Top with ginger beer and stir gently.
- Garnish the cocktail with a lemon twist and serve immediately.