Need a stunning yet simple holiday appetizer to whet the appetites of your family and friends for the big holiday meal? Serve this easy bacon jalapeño cheese ball, inspired by Divas Can Cook, with crackers and vegetables to give your family and friends an unforgettable finger food.
This easy bacon jalapeño cheese ball features big bacon and herb flavor, tongue-tantalizing jalapeño and hot sauce heat, three tasty cheeses, and a crunchy coating of toasted nuts.
ALSO TRY: Jalapeño popper dip
Cheese balls are a favorite holiday, party, and potluck foods. They can be savory or sweet, made with any combination of cheeses, and come to the table deliciously and decoratively rolled in nuts. Best yet, cheese balls are remarkably easy. All you need is cheese, seasonings, and a few other other ingredients.
Let’s start with the cheese. Softened cream cheese is an essential component of cheese balls. It is the foundation for the rest of the ingredients. With a handheld mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in garlic powder, dried oregano, dried parsley, Frank’s RedHot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, minced onion and jalapeño, and bacon. Add shredded pepper jack and sharp cheddar cheeses and blend until combined.
Time to make the cheese ball! Forming the cheese ball can be a sticky affair. To keep your hands from sticking to the cheese, coat your hands with a little olive oil. Form the cheese mixture into a ball. Set this ball on a piece of plastic wrap. Pour toasted pecans on a plate. Invert the cheese ball onto the plate and coat it with the nuts, gently pressing the nuts into the cheese.
Give the cheese a rest in the refrigerator. Wrap the cheese ball in plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight to allow the flavors to blend. When ready to serve, place the cheeseball on a serving platter along with an assortment of crackers and vegetables.
>> Click here to jump straight to the recipe
Beat the cream cheese
Cream cheese is a base for this cheese ball. Place the cream cheese in a mixing bowl and use a handheld mixer to beat it until smooth.
Add tasty ingredients to the cream cheese
This cheese ball is loaded with tongue-tantalizing flavors. Add garlic powder, dried oregano, dried parsley, Frank’s RedHot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, minced onions, jalapeños, and bacon to the cream cheese. Beat until blended.
Mix in the shredded cheeses
This cheese ball is rich with cheesy goodness from the combination of cream cheese and shredded pepper jack and cheddar. Add the shredded cheeses to the cream cheese mixture and beat until blended. Taste and adjust seasonings.
Form the cheese ball
To keep the cheese mixture from sticking to your hands, lightly coat them in olive oil. Use your hands to form the cheese mixture into a cheese ball. Place it on a sheet of plastic wrap.
Coat the cheese ball with toasted pecans
The best cheese balls offer a scrumptious coating of toasted nuts. Place the chopped toasted pecans on a plate. Invert the cheese ball onto the plate of pecans. Use your fingers to sprinkle the nuts all over the cheese ball. Press the pecans into the cheese ball to evenly coat.
Refrigerate the cheese ball
Wrap the cheese ball in plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight to set the cheese ball and allow the flavors to meld.
Serve cheese ball with crackers and cut vegetables
Transfer the cheese ball to a serving plate and surround it with crackers and cut vegetables. Serve.
A party platter everyone will want to dig into!
Toasted pecans, smokey bacon and hot jalapenos make for a delectable and rich cheese ball
Great with veggies and crackers
So easy to make
An appetizer your guests will fall in love with!
Easy bacon jalapeño cheese ball
Yield 1 cheese ball
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon Frank’s RedHot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon finely minced onions
- 1-1/2 small jalapeños, minced
- 2 strips smoked bacon, cooked, diced small
- 3/4 cup finely shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1/2 cup finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- olive oil to coat your hands
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped, toasted
- Place cream cheese in a mixing bowl and beat with a handheld mixer until smooth.
- Mix in the garlic powder, dried oregano, dried parsley, Frank’s RedHot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, minced onions, jalapeños, and bacon.
- Stir in the shredded pepper jack and cheddar cheeses and continue to blend until combined.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings.
- Coat your hands with a small amount of oil. Use your hands to form the cheese mixture into a ball. Set the cheeseball aside on a piece of plastic wrap.
- Place the toasted chopped pecans on a plate. Invert the cheese ball onto the pecans. Sprinkle the pecans all over the cheese ball until it is completely covered then press the nuts into the cheese ball, evenly coating it.
- Wrap the cheese ball in plastic wrap and refrigerate it overnight to allow the flavors to blend.
- Serve the cheese ball with crackers and vegetables.