Beef liver & onions
Yield 3 servings
- 3 tablespoons grass-fed butter
- 1/2 small white or yellow sweet onion, chopped finely
- 6 cloves garlic , chopped finely
- 12 ounces beef liver, cut to 1-inch sections
- 1/4 cup red wine (1/2 cup if preferred)
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- A few turns of pepper grinder
- 2 drops liquid smoke (optional)
- Preheat convection oven to 300F.
- In cast-iron or steel pan (oven-safe and nonreactive), sauté onion in butter until slightly translucent. (Optional: Add 2 drops liquid smoke for extra flavor.)
- Add garlic and sauté another 45 seconds on medium heat (avoid smoke).
- Add sliced liver and sauté for 3 minutes. Stir.
- Add wine and bring to simmer.
- Loosely cover with foil and place pan in oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour until meat is tender.
- Remove pan and reduce juices on stove.
- Broil for 30 seconds to brown edges.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Courses Main dish
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/trends/superfood-liver-and-onions-recipe/