Simple sweet-potato quinoa bowls
Yield 2–3 servings
- 1 medium sweet potato, cubed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ancho chile powder
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup cooked chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1-1/2 cups cooked quinoa
- 4 scallions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red cabbage
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup almonds, toasted, chopped
- 2 cups baby salad greens
- Juice of 1/2 lemon (or more to taste)
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In baking dish, toss sweet potatoes with cumin, ancho chile pepper, salt and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Roast until sweet potatoes are golden brown, about 25 to 35 minutes.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place roasted sweet potatoes in large bowl.
- Add chickpeas, quinoa, scallions, cabbage, feta, almonds and salad greens.
- Drizzle with olive oil, lemon juice, and few generous pinches of salt and pepper. Toss salad.
- Taste and add more lemon juice and seasonings, if desired.
- Divide salad into bowls and serve.
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/more/simple-sweet-potato-quinoa-bowls/