Mood-boosting, vegan enchiladas with kale, black bean & sweet potato
Yield 14–16 enchiladas
- 2 cups sweet potato, shredded
- 1 bunch kale, chopped
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, drained
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup canned enchilada sauce (red or green, according to preference)
- 1 4-ounce can diced green chilis
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 14–16 corn tortillas
- 1/4–1/2 cup vegan or regular cheese, shredded
- Cilantro, sliced jalapeños, sliced radishes, chopped scallions, avocado or any other desired toppings
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and sauté until translucent.
- Add kale and sweet potato. Sauté until soft, 8–10 minutes.
- Add green chilis, salt and taco seasonins. Stir until fully incorporated.
- Add black beans and 1/2 cup enchilada sauce. Stir and remove from heat. Allow filling to cool until you can handle it.
- Add layer of sauce to cover bottom of baking receptacle completely.
- Place handful of filling in sausage-like shape onto tortilla and roll up. Place seam-side down in pan. Repeat until pan is full.
- Pour desired amount of sauce over tortillas.
- Add cheese and bake for 20–25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and garnish with desired toppings. Serve hot.
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/living/celebrate/cinco-de-mayo/mood-boosting-vegan-enchilada-recipe/