Mini apple roses dusted with rose sugar
Yield 6 roses
- 1/2 package puff pastry sheets (1 sheet), thawed
- 2 red apples, sliced (red delicious works well)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (from 1/2 lemon)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 1-1/2 tablespoons rose-flavored sugar
- Remove the package of puff pastry from freezer and allow to thaw for about 25 minutes.
- Pour water into a bowl halfway up. Add lemon juice and mix.
- Cut the apples in half, place face down with skin side up, and slice in thin slices, leaving the peel on. Place the apple slices immediately in lemon water.
- Microwave the apples in the bowl for approximately 3 minutes. This softens the apples and allows them to roll more easily.
- In a small bowl, mix three tablespoons of apricot preserves with two tablespoons of water. Microwave for about one minute.
- Using a brush, spread a thin layer of preserves on each strip of dough.
- Unwrap the puff pastry. Place on a lightly floured surface. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough stretching it into a rectangular shape (approximately 12 “x 9”). Cut the dough into 6 strips, each about 3” x 9”).
- Preheat the oven to 375 F degrees.
- Drain the apples.
- Arrange the apple slices on the dough approximately 1/4” down from the top of the dough, overlapping one another. Lightly press each apple to keep in place.
- Sprinkle with rose sugar.
- Make sure the top (skin side) of the slices sticks a little out of the strip.
- Fold up the bottom part of the dough overlapping the bottom edge of the apples.
- Spoon or brush the apricot mixture over the apples.
- Sprinkle with more Rose sugar on top of the apricot/apple mixture.
- Starting from one end, carefully roll the dough, keeping the apple slices in place. Seal the edge at the end, pressing with your finger, and place each rose in a muffin cup.
- Repeat the process for all 6 roses.
- Using a 6-muffin cup pan, grease each cup with butter and flour, or use cooking spray.
- Bake at 375°F degrees for about 30-35 minutes, until fully cooked.
- Remove from oven. Sprinkle with extra rose sugar.
- Serve warm.
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/more/mini-apple-roses-dusted-rose-sugar/