Vegan pecan pie
Yield 1 9" pie
- 2 tablespoons molasses, blackstrap or regular
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon bourbon
- 2 tablespoons almond nut butter
- 1/4 cup flax meal
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1-1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cup pecans, chopped into medium sized pieces
- Extra whole pecans for garnish
- In a large bowl, whisk together the molasses, maple syrup, honey, water, bourbon, almond nut butter, flax meal, nutmeg, vanilla extract and salt. Once combined, add pecans.
- Cover with plastic wrap and allow to rest at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator to thicken.
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Pour filling into a prebaked vegan pie crust.
- Arrange the extra pecans over top in a design if desired.
- Bake on the center rack for 20 minutes.
- Remove and let cool.
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/living/celebrate/thanksgiving/vegan-pecan-pie/