Vanilla bourbon-balsamic cranberry sauce
- 14 oz. fresh cranberries
- 1-1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until cranberries burst and begin to break down and thicken, about 15 minutes. Occasionally stir well.
- Remove from heat, drain off 1/2 cup of liquid and reserve for another use. Pour into jar or bowl, and allow to cool.
- Refrigerate once cooled. Serve.
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/living/celebrate/thanksgiving/vanilla-bourbon-balsamic-cranberry-sauce/