Barbecue turkey sandwiches
Yield 4 servings
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seeds
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 cups thinly sliced green cabbage
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne
- 2-1/3 cups shredded cooked turkey with above BBQ sauce
- 4 hamburger buns, buttered and toasted
- Sliced pickles
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, sugar, celery seeds, salt and pepper.
- Add cabbage and toss to blend.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add garlic and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds.
- Add the remaining sauce ingredients, increase heat to medium-high and bring the sauce to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Place the shredded turkey in the BBQ sauce and heat until warm.
- Split and butter buns and toast until lightly browned.
- Top the buns with turkey, coleslaw and pickles.
Courses Main course
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/living/celebrate/thanksgiving/turn-thanksgiving-leftovers-into-one-of-these-mouthwatering-barbecue-turkey-sandwiches/