Turkey chili with pumpkin, tomato and spinach
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 poblano pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 pound ground white or dark meat turkey
- 1 7-ounce can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, roughly chopped
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes, with their liquid
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin purée
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup spinach leaves
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium high heat.
- Add onion, bell pepper, poblano and garlic. Cook until tender, stirring frequently, about 5 minutes.
- Add ground turkey and cook until browned.
- Stir in chipotle peppers, tomatoes, pumpkin, water, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium low, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes or more, stirring occasionally.
- Just before serving, mix the spinach leaves into the chili and allow them to wilt for 5 minutes.
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/living/celebrate/thanksgiving/turkey-chili-pumpkin-tomato-spinach/