Vegan spiced apple margarita
Yield 1 serving
Agave nectar simple syrup
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground Vietnamese cinnamon
- Lime wedge
- 2 ounces reposado tequila
- 1-1/2 to 2 ounces apple juice or apple cider
- 3/4 ounce fresh lime juice
- 3/4 teaspoon agave simple syrup (see recipe below)
- Dash ground cinnamon
- 1 star of anise
- Thin slice of apple
Agave simple syrup
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the water and agave nectar.
- Warm, stirring frequently, just until the water and agave are completely combined.
- Remove the saucepan from heat and set it aside to cool.
- On a small plate, use a fork to blend the sugar, salt and cinnamon together.
- Run a wedge of lime around the top of a glass, then turn the glass down at a 45-degree angle and roll the top of the glass through the sugar, salt and cinnamon blend to coat the rim.
- Fill the glass with ice and set aside.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Pour in tequila, apple juice or cider, lime juice, agave simple syrup and cinnamon.
- Put the lid on the shaker and shake the cocktail vigorously for about 20 seconds.
- Strain the cocktail into the prepared glass.
- Garnish with a star of anise and a fresh apple slice.
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/living/celebrate/thanksgiving/this-easy-guilt-free-vegan-spiced-apple-margarita-gives-vegans-a-reason-to-celebrate/