Tasty traditional turkey gravy
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-2 cups strained roasted turkey drippings
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 6 cups stock (turkey or chicken)
- Salt and pepper to taste *
- Remove turkey from roasting pan.
- Strain excess oil out of pan drippings and set aside 1-2 cups of roasted turkey drippings.
- Place roasting pan on two burners over medium heat.
- Melt butter in the roasting pan.
- Whisk in flour. Reduce heat to low and whisk the mixture until the roux turns a golden brown.
- Slowly add in the turkey stock and continue to stir until well incorporated.
- Season with salt and pepper and the juice of 1 lemon.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Simmer for 5-10 minutes, or until the gravy becomes thick.
- Keep on simmer until ready to serve.
*Be cautious about adding too much salt depending upon how much salt is in the turkey drippings, and the brand of chicken stock used.
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/living/celebrate/thanksgiving/tasty-traditional-turkey-gravy/