Roasted Poblano Creamed Corn
Yield 6 -8
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 poblano peppers, washed and dried
- 4-5 green onions, ends trimmed, cut into small pieces
- 8 ears corn, cleaned, kernels cut off the cob
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil over the poblano peppers. When hot, add the peppers to the grill. Cook turning once or twice, until blacked on all sides, or 6-8 minutes.
- Remove from the grill and place them in a deep bowl covered in plastic wrap (this will help steam the pepper to loosen the skins).
- When cool to the touch, remove the skin from the peppers. Cut off the top and remove the seeds. Dice the peppers and set aside.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil to a skillet over medium heat. When hot, add the green onion and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until they soften.
- Add the corn kernels, the poblano pieces, and about 2/3 cup water to the skillet. Season with the salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to simmer. Cover the skillet and simmer for 5-8 minutes, or until the corn is tender.
- Add the heavy cream to the mixture. Stir and cook uncovered on low heat, until the cream thickens.
- Transfer to a serving dish.
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/living/celebrate/thanksgiving/roasted-poblano-creamed-corn/