Roasted cauliflower salad with lemon tahini dressing
Yield 4 servings
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 bunch fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
For lemon tahini dressing:
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin, toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne, toasted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For spiced chickpeas:
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Aleppo pepper
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Place the cauliflower and red onion in a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil, toss well, and season with salt and pepper.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the cauliflower mixture onto the baking sheet, spreading it out.
- Roast for 20 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and turn the cauliflower mixture over. Return to the oven and roast for 10 to 15 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender and browned on the edges. Cool slightly. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Dressing: Place tahini, water, lemon juice, garlic, cumin, cayenne, and salt into a blender. Blend until smooth. Place the dressing in the refrigerator until ready to assemble.
- Chickpeas: In a large skillet over medium heat, combine chickpeas, olive oil, smoked paprika, Aleppo pepper, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes, or until the chickpeas sizzle and become slightly crispy. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Salad: Add the chickpeas and chopped parsley to the cauliflower mixture, tossing to combine.
- Drizzle the lemon tahini dressing over the top and toss to coat.
- Garnish with feta cheese.
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/living/celebrate/thanksgiving/roasted-cauliflower-salad-with-lemon-tahini-dressing/