Roasted butternut squash with almond-pecan parmesan (VEGAN/GF)
Yield 4 servings
- 1 medium/large butternut squash (2 to 2-1/2 pounds)
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 cup stemmed, roughly chopped kale
- 1/4 cup whole almonds
- 1/4 cup pecan halves
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400F. Place squash in an ovenproof casserole dish and roast oven for 12 minutes. Remove and allow to cool slightly.
- When cool enough to touch, peel squash. Thinly slice off bottom and top ends, and then slice through middle lengthwise to make two halves. Remove seeds with spoon. Cut halves into fourths, then slice into 1-inch chunks. Place into casserole dish.
- In small bowl, mix minced garlic, parsley, oil and salt. Pour into casserole dish and toss until combined with squash. Do not add kale yet.
- Cover casserole dish with aluminum foil and bake at 400F for about 45 minutes, until tender and lightly browned.
- While butternut squash is baking, in mini food processor, pulse topping ingredients together until coarsely chopped.
- Remove squash from oven and reduce heat to 350F. Remove foil.
- Stir in chopped kale and sprinkle topping over squash.
- Bake for another 5 to 8 minutes, uncovered, until nuts are lightly toasted. Serve warm.
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/living/celebrate/thanksgiving/roasted-butternut-squash-with-almond-pecan-parmesan/