Roast squash, Manchego and honey paprika dressing
Yield 4 servings
- 2-1/2 to 3 pounds acorn squash
- 1 long Anaheim pepper
- 1 whole bulb garlic
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup virgin olive oil
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/3 pound Manchego cheese
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Leaving skin on, cut squash into 2-inch wedges and scrape away seeds.
- Cut pepper into 1-1/2-inch rings; discard seeds.
- Separate cloves from bulb of garlic, leaving skin on. Discard root.
- Put squash, pepper, walnuts and garlic cloves into mixing bowl. Add rosemary.
- Drizzle with oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Then, mix all together.
- Arrange ingredients in single layer on roasting tray.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Whisk all dressing ingredients in bowl to combine.
- When squash is done baking, arrange on serving platter or board with pepper.
- Gently squeeze each clove of garlic to extract insides, then dot around squash and peppers.
- Shake dressing; drizzle over vegetables.
- Sprinkle shaved Manchego over all.
- Serve hot, warm or at room temperature.
Courses Side dish
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/living/celebrate/thanksgiving/roast-squash-and-manchego-with-honey-paprika-dressing/