Pumpkin pie with harvest-spiced cream and caramelized almonds recipe
For the pie
- 1 pre-made pie crust
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- One 14-oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- One 15-oz. can pumpkin
- 1/4 cup firmly-packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the spiced whipped cream
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
For the caramelized almonds
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup sugar
To make the pumpkin pie
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Fit pie crust into a 9” pie plate. Fold edges under and crimp. Prick bottom and sides of pie crust with a knife.
- Bake pie crust for 8 minutes. Remove and allow pie shell to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, condensed milk, pumpkin, brown sugar, pie spice, nutmeg and vanilla together. Mix well.
- Pour mixture into the pie crust. Bake at 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes, or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Serve with a dollop of spiced whipped cream and a sprinkling of caramelized almonds (see recipes below).
Spiced whipped cream
- Combine the sour cream, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice in a small bowl. Allow it to set at room temperature for 5 minutes.
- Whisk in the whipped cream. Once combined well, cover and place in refrigerator.
- Combine the almonds with the sugar in a large skillet.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until the sugar has melted and the almonds are light brown in color.
- Remove from pan, spreading on a large baking sheet.
- Allow to cool, then break into small pieces. Set aside until ready to use.
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/living/celebrate/thanksgiving/pumpkin-pie-harvest-spiced-cream-caramelized-almonds/