Pumpkin Crepes with Ricotta Filling
- 2 cups whole milk
- 3 tablespoon butter, separated
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree, NOT pumpkin pie filling
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 and 1/2 cups flour
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Ricotta cheese
- Optional: handful of chopped pecans, whipped topping
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat combine the milk and 2 tablespoons of the butter. Stir until completely melted. Transfer to another bowl and allow to cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Whisk in the eggs one at a time. Then add the pumpkin puree, and vanilla until just combined.
- In another bowl, stir together the flour, white sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice. Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir until smooth.
- Meanwhile heat small nonstick skillet at medium heat. Melt a little bit of the remaining tablespoon of butter and smear around the skillet
- Pour 1/4 cup of the batter into the skillet and shift the skillet so the batter thins out and spreads over the skillet to form a thin crepe. Allow to cook for 1-2 minutes and then using a spatula, gently flip it to the other side and allow it to cook for another minute. Remove onto a plate. Continue to cook the rest of the crepes until the batter is gone. Separate the cooked crepes with parchment paper.
- When the crepes are finished, fill the center of the crepes with a large spoonful of ricotta cheese. If desired top with some chopped pecans and a dollop of whipped topping.
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/living/celebrate/thanksgiving/pumpkin-crepes-ricotta-filling/