Pressure cooker cheesy potatoes with crispy topping
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 6 medium-sized white baking potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/8 inch thick
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1-1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup parsley, minced
- Place pressure cooker on a counter without cabinets above it. (Note: The steam will escape and could possibly harm the finish on your kitchen cabinets.)
- Select “Saute” and add 3 tablespoons butter to the pressure cooker pot.
- Once butter has melted, add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally. Cook until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add 1 cup chicken broth, salt and pepper to the onions.
- Put sliced potatoes in a steamer basket that fits in the pressure cooker pot.
- Place steamer basket inside pot.
- Lock lid in place. Make certain the steam valve is in proper position according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Select “High” for cooking method, and set time for 5 minutes.
- Press “Start.”
- Make breadcrumb topping mixture. (See instructions below.)
- When timer on pressure cooker beeps, turn pressure cooker to “Off.”
- Do a “Quick Pressure” release.
- Once steam has stopped, open lid and carefully remove steamer basket of potatoes from the cooking pot.
- Place potatoes in a greased 9” x 13” casserole dish.
- Stir half-and-half and shredded cheese into cooking liquid in pressure cooker.
- Once blended and cheese has melted, pour cheese mixture over potatoes in casserole dish.
- Fold in the sauce until well incorporated.
- Top with breadcrumb mixture (see below).
- Broil for 5-7 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Allow to set for 5 minutes before serving.
Crispy breadcrumb topping:
- Preheat oven to "Broil."
- In a small bowl, mix the panko breadcrumbs with 3 tablespoons melted butter.
- Mix in minced parsley. Set aside until you reach step 18 of the above directions.
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/living/celebrate/thanksgiving/pressure-cooker-cheesy-potatoes-crispy-topping/