A practically perfect pecan pie
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups light corn syrup
- 1 cup butter
- 8 large eggs, beaten
- 1- 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1- 1/2 cups pecan halves
- One 9-1/2" unbaked pie shell
- Combine the sugar, light corn syrup, and butter together in a medium saucepan. Heat to low, stirring continuously, until the better melts and sugar dissolves.
- Cool. Once cool, add eggs, vanilla and salt. Whisk until well blended.
- Pour the mixture into a unbaked pie shell.
- Top with pecan halves.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 50-55 minutes.
- Once done, remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/living/celebrate/thanksgiving/practically-perfect-pecan-pie/