Orange bourbon slow-cooker turkey
Yield 4-6 servings
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin, toasted
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3- to 4-pound turkey breast, skin removed
- 1 orange, cut into quarters
- In a small bowl, whisk together the paprika, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, brown sugar, cayenne pepper, toasted cumin and ground cloves. Set aside.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the bourbon, orange juice, orange zest and honey. Set aside.
- Rub the spice mixture over the entire outer side of the turkey breast.
- Place turkey breast in a slow-cooker. Add orange wedges to the bottom of the slow-cooker.
- Pour the bourbon mixture over the turkey.
- Turn the slow-cooker to high and cook turkey breast for four to five hours. Turkey is done when a thermometer inserted in the center of the breast reaches 165F.
- Transfer the turkey breast to a cutting board and allow it to rest for 20 minutes.
- Carve the turkey breast into slices. Serve hot.
Courses Main Course
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/living/celebrate/thanksgiving/orange-bourbon-slow-cooker-turkey/