Maple bacon roasted Brussels sprouts
Yield 4 servings
- 3 strips thick-cut bacon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons grainy mustard
- 1 pound small Brussels sprouts, stem ends removed
- Place a cast iron skillet in the oven and heat the oven to 500F.
- Once the oven and skillet have preheated, remove the skillet from the oven. Add the chopped bacon pieces, spreading them evenly around the bottom of the skillet.
- Place the skillet back in the oven and cook for 8 minutes or until the bacon is done. Watch the bacon to make sure it doesn’t burn.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together the maple syrup, vinegar, and mustard.
- Remove the skillet of bacon from the oven and add the brussels sprouts. Stir to coat the brussels sprouts in bacon fat.
- Return the skillet to the oven and cook for 15 minutes. Watch carefully so they do not get overly crispy.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and pour the maple syrup mixture over the bacon and sprouts. Stir to evenly coat the ingredients.
- Serve warm.
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/living/celebrate/thanksgiving/maple-bacon-roasted-brussels-sprouts/