Crunchy cranberry sauce
Yield 10 servings
- 1 (1/4-ounce) envelope plain gelatin
- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons of water, divided
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (12-ounce) bag fresh cranberries
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 stalks celery, finely diced
- 1 medium apple, finely diced
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces
- In a small bowl, stir the envelope of plain gelatin into 3 tablespoons of water. Allow the mixture to sit until the gelatin has absorbed the water and formed a thick jelly-like texture, about 5 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan, bring sugar and the remaining 1 cup of water to a
- boil. Stir briefly to dissolve the sugar, then add the cranberries.
- Allow the water to come back up to a boil, then turn the heat down to medium-low. Cover with a lid and let the cranberries simmer for about 10 minutes or until the cranberries burst.
- Stir in the softened gelatin, lemon juice, and cinnamon. Place the saucepan in the refrigerator to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine the celery, apple, and walnuts.
- Pour cranberry mixture into the bowl with the celery mixture. Stir to combine, then place the cranberry sauce in the refrigerator to cool completely, about 2 hours.
- Serve chilled.
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/living/celebrate/thanksgiving/liven-up-the-texture-of-your-holiday-with-this-easy-to-make-crunchy-cranberry-sauce/