Leftover Turkey Pinwheel Sandwiches
Yield 24 bite-sized sandwhiches
- 1 cup leftover cooked turkey, shredded or chopped
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise (amount can be adjusted)
- 1 tablespoon carrots, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon walnuts, finely chopped
- ½ tablespoon celery, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 cup arugula
- 4 big slices of sandwich bread, not including sides
- In a bowl, combine the turkey, mayonnaise, carrots, walnuts, celery and lemon zest. Season with the salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Place one slice of sandwich bread on a clean flat surface then pass the rolling pin on it to flatten it. Do the same thing to the remaining slices of bread. Set aside.
- Lay one slice of flattened bread on a flat surface then spread out some arugula leaves on it, leaving about ½ inch of the end empty. Put a layer of the turkey mayo mixture on top, still leaving the ½ inch end empty.
- Roll tightly then slice to bite-sizes.
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/living/celebrate/thanksgiving/leftover-turkey-pinwheel-sandwiches/