Keto pecan pie
Yield 8 servings
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon gluten-free vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons Swerve confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup Swerve confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened full-fat coconut milk
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoon gluten-free vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon of unsulfured molasses (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups pecan halves (1 cup chopped, and 1 cup for topping)
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Grease a 9- or 9.5-inch pie pan.
- In medium bowl, mix almond flour, coconut flour, coconut oil, vanilla, Swerve and salt. Add egg and mix until well combined.
- Press dough into bottom and up sides of pie pan.
- Press sides of crust with fork to make design.
- Prebake crust for 15 minutes, or until set.
- Heat butter on high heat in enameled cast-iron or heavy-bottomed saucepan that holds 2–3 quarts, whisking constantly to make sure butter heats evenly.
- When butter starts boiling, watch for brown streaks or flecks at bottom of pan as you whisk. Remove it from heat immediately to prevent burning.
- Turn heat off.
- Add Swerve and coconut milk to pan and whisk until smooth. Let sauce cool in pan, whisking every 5 minutes. Do not allow it to settle. Allow to cool slightly.
- In medium bowl, beat eggs with cooled syrup, vanilla, salt, molasses and chopped pecans.
- Pour mixture into crust and top with remaining cup of pecan in design of your liking.
- Bake at 325F for 40–45 minutes or until set. Cover edges of pie with aluminum foil to prevent burning.
- Complete first steps of filling prep quickly to prevent it from burning.
- This is a nut and coconut flour crust, so the edges will be slightly darker than that of a traditional wheat flour crust.
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/living/celebrate/thanksgiving/keto-pecan-pie/