Roasted carrots with Indian spices, creamy dressing and walnut-parsley topping
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1-1/2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 pounds assorted carrots in various colors, peeled and trimmed with partial tops and stems left intact
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup toasted walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley, roughly chopped
- 3/4 cup plain French or Greek yogurt
- 1 cup parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- Black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- In a small skillet, toast ground cumin, ground ginger and red pepper flakes until fragrant. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine orange juice, oil, sherry vinegar and honey with carrots. Toss well with toasted spices, salt and pepper.
- Lay carrots on two rimmed baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Spread out on trays, not touching, and bake about 15 minutes. Then, rotate pans in oven and continuing baking until tender, approximately 25–30 minutes.
- Once carrots can be pierced with a fork easily, remove from heat and set aside.
Creamy walnut dressing
- In a small bowl, whisk yogurt, parsley, garlic, lemon juice, ground coriander, salt and pepper until well mixed.
- Place carrots on serving platter.
- Drizzle dressing on top of carrots.
- Before serving, garnish with toasted walnuts and additional parsley, if desired.
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/living/celebrate/thanksgiving/indian-spiced-roasted-carrots-creamy-dressing-walnut-parsley-topping/