Hot apple cider with buttered rum
Yield 3 servings
- 1 (24.5-ounce) bottle apple cider
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 large apple, cored, sliced, plus more thinly sliced for garnish
- 1/2 large pear, cored, sliced, plus more thinly sliced for garnish
- 1 thumb-sized ginger piece, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1 whole cinnamon stick
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- Pinch ground cloves
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Myers's dark rum
- Extra long cinnamon sticks for garnish
- Place apple cider, butter, apple and pear slices, ginger, cinnamon stick, allspice, cloves, and brown sugar in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes, whisking occasionally.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the dark rum. Whisk until well-blended.
- Strain the mixture, discarding the fruit pieces and spices.
- Pour the apple cider into large serving mugs.
- Garnish each mug with a thinly sliced apple and pear and a cinnamon stick.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/living/celebrate/thanksgiving/hot-apple-cider-with-buttered-rum/