Instead of brownies, Debbie Matenopoulos is baking blondies with an added tasty twist for Thanksgiving this year – " it is so easy and they're delicious," she says. Give 'em a try!
- ¾ cup Unsalted Butter
- ½ cup Sugar
- ¾ cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 ½ tbs Molasses
- ¾ tsp Vanilla Extract
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Ground Ginger
- ½ tsp Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Ground Allspice
- 1 ¼ cup AP Flour
- ½ cup White Chocolate Chips
- ½ cup Chopped, Candied Ginger
- Heat oven to 350˚. Line 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper.
- In stand mixer, cream butter and sugars.
- Mix in egg, vanilla, and molasses, scraping bowl as needed.
- Add remaining dry ingredients (except for chocolate chips and candied ginger). Stir to combine, making sure no flour streaks remain.
- Stir in chips and candied ginger.
- Transfer batter to baking dish, press into even layer.
7. Bake for 30-35 minutes.
8. Allow to cool completely in pan before removing to cut.
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/living/celebrate/thanksgiving/home-and-family-debbie-matenopoulos-on-thanksgiving-interview/