Homemade shallot gravy recipe
- 1 1/2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 cups chicken broth and/or pan drippings
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 shallots, finely diced
- 1/4 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoons black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons whole-wheat pastry flour
- In a small bowl, whisk together the whole wheat flour and cornstarch.
- In a large sauté pan over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Add the shallots and thyme and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the broth/drippings to the pan and whisk to combine.
- Add the pepper and garlic powder, whisking to combine.
- Bring to a simmer and slowly add the flour and cornstarch mixture, whisking constantly.
- Bring back to a boil, whisking constantly and reduce the heat just enough to keep it at a low boil.
- Cook until the gravy reduces by almost half, roughly 15-20 minutes, being sure to whisk often and scrape down the sides of the pan.
- Serve alongside your Thanksgiving turkey.
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/living/celebrate/thanksgiving/herb-roasted-turkey-shallot-gravy/