Gluten free and vegan maple pecan pie crust
Yield 1 9 inch pie crust
- 2 cups pecans, whole or pieces
- 1-1/2 teaspoons coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 325F degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix together the coconut oil and maple syrup. Whisk in brown sugar, vanilla, nutmeg and water.
- Place pecans in food processor and pulse until finely ground.
- Pour maple and sugar mixture into the food processor with the pecans.
- Continue processing until mixture begins falling from sides of bowl. Scape down once.
- Press evenly into 9-inch glass pie pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven.
- Allow to cool before using.
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/living/celebrate/thanksgiving/gluten-free-and-vegan-maple-pecan-pie-crust/