Leftover turkey pot pie soup
Yield 8 servings
- 1-1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup corn
- 1 cup sliced brown mushrooms
- 7 cups hot chicken broth, divided into 3 cups, 2 cups, and 2 cups
- 2 cups diced, peeled russet potatoes
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 bay leaf, dried
- 3 cups leftover turkey, cubed or shredded
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 7 cups cauliflower florets, leave a few larger pieces
- 2-1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, more to taste
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, more to taste
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley for garnish
- In a large, heavy-bottomed pot, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, carrot, celery, corn, and mushrooms. Saute for 3 minutes.
- Add 3 cups chicken broth along with potatoes, thyme, rosemary, and bay leaf, stirring to combine.
- Bring soup to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium, cover with lid, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 to 20 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Reduce the heat to low and stir in the turkey and peas.
- Meanwhile, in a nonstick skillet over low heat, melt the butter. Add the garlic and cook, stirring often, for 5 to 6 minutes. Do not let the garlic brown. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large pot over high heat, bring water to a boil. Add the cauliflower and cook, covered, for 7 to 10 minutes or until the cauliflower is fork-tender. Do not drain.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the cauliflower pieces to a blender.
- Add 2 cups of hot chicken broth and the garlic to the cauliflower. Blend for several minutes until the puree is smooth.
- Stir the cauliflower puree into the turkey and vegetable mixture. Add more of the chicken broth to the soup to achieve desired consistency.
- Add salt and black pepper to season. Remove the bay leaf.
- Serve the soup hot, garnished with minced parsley.
Courses Main dish
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/living/celebrate/thanksgiving/delicious-leftover-turkey-pot-pie-soup/