Cranberry Bacon Gravy
- One bag (12 ounces) fresh frozen cranberries
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup bacon bits
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a saucepan, cook the cranberries and sugar or low heat stirring constantly until the sugar is melted and dissolved. The cranberries will burst.
- In a blender, puree the mixture until it is smooth.
- Allow the cranberries to come to room temperature before adding them to the other ingredients.
- In a saucepan over low heat, whisk together the cornstarch and chicken broth until smooth. Whisk for about 3-5 minutes.
- Bring to a boil and then add in the cranberries.
- Boil the gravy whisking occasionally until it is reduced and thickened (about 20-25 minutes).
- Stir in the bacon bits and season with salt and pepper.
- Keep warm until ready to serve.
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/living/celebrate/thanksgiving/cranberry-bacon-gravy/