Clean pumpkin pie in a jar
- 1 36-ounce container of plain organic Greek yogurt
- 2 cups organic pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon powder
- 1⁄4 teaspooon ground ginger (optional)
- 3-6 tablespoons maple syrup (to taste)
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup cacao nibs
- 16 ounces organic heavy whipping cream
- Fold together the yogurt, pumpkin puree, cinnamon and ginger.
- Drizzle in the maple syrup and continue to fold until all ingredients are blended. (Start with 3 tablespoons and give it a taste. You might find it’s plenty sweet. If not, add 1 tablespoon at a time, tasting as you go.)
- Place the pumpkin yogurt mixture in the refrigerator for at least an hour to let it thicken up a bit.
- Place a metal mixing bowl and metal whisk into the freezer for 10 to 15 minutes. In the last ten minutes of waiting for the yogurt to thicken, add the whipping cream to the bowl and whisk just until it forms soft peaks.
- Remove the pumpkin yogurt mixture from the refrigerator.
- Begin layering your ingredients, beginning with the pumpkin.
- Sprinkle on the graham cracker crumbs.
- Sprinkle on the cacao nibs.
- Layer on the whipped cream.
- Repeat with pumpkin yogurt mixture, graham crackers, whipped cream, with a sprinkle of cacoa nibs on top.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/living/celebrate/thanksgiving/clean-pumpkin-pie-jar/