Cheesy pumpkin scalloped potatoes
- 5 large Yukon Gold potatoes
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 cup milk
- 7-oz canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup shredded gruyere cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Boil the potatoes in a pot of water for 20 minutes, then allow to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat and mix with the flour. Add the milk, pumpkin, cheese and seasonings. Bring to a soft boil and stir well. Reduce the heat to thicken.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into 1/4-inch thick slices.
- Layer the potatoes in one layer in the bottom of a greased 9x9-inch baking dish. Pour 1/3 of the sauce over the potatoes.
- Repeat for 2 more layers, topping the final layer with the remaining sauce.
- Top with extra shredded cheese and thyme.
- Bake for 45 minutes, until the top is slightly browned.
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/living/celebrate/thanksgiving/cheesy-pumpkin-scalloped-potatoes/