Apple pie yogurt parfait with cranberries
Yield 4 servings
For apple pie parfait:
- 4 cups Granny Smith apples, diced 1/2-inch, plus 12 thin slices for garnish
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, plus zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
For stovetop granola:
- 1-1/2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 cup almonds, sliced
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
- 2 cups Greek-style yogurt
- Apple pie filling: In a large skillet over medium-high heat, combine diced apples, lemon juice, lemon zest, maple syrup, cornstarch, ginger, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Stir well. Cook, stirring often, for about 4 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the dried cranberries. Stir and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, or until the apples are tender.
- Transfer the apple mixture to a bowl. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- Stovetop granola: In a skillet over medium heat, add oil and allow it to warm up for about 2 minutes.
- Add the oats and almonds. Cook, stirring continuously, for 4 to 6 minutes, or until the oats turn a golden brown.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Transfer the toasted oats and nuts to the parchment-lined sheet pan and set aside.
- Add 3 tablespoons of maple syrup and cinnamon to the heated skillet. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until the mixture is bubbling and thickened.
- Pour the oat mixture back into the skillet and stir to coat with the syrup. Cook for 1 minute.
- Take the skillet off the heat to stop cooking the granola.
- Stir the fresh cranberries into the granola.
- Line another sheet pan with parchment paper. Pour the granola onto the sheet pan and allow it to cool for 5 to 10 minutes. The granola will become crunchy as it cools.
- Parfait assembly: In each of 4 cups or bowls, add 1/4 cup of the apple pie filling, 1/4 cup yogurt, 2 tablespoons granola, another 1/4 cup of the apple pie filling, and 1/4 cup yogurt. Top each parfait with a sprinkling of granola and 3 thin apple slices for garnish.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/living/celebrate/thanksgiving/apple-pie-yogurt-parfait-with-cranberries/