Yield 4–6 servings
- 1 heaping tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon wasabi powder or paste
- 2 teaspoons serrano chile, minced
- 1 cucumber, seeds removed, diced into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup chives, minced
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon Italian parsley, minced
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds, plus extra for garnish
- 1-1/2 pounds sushi-grade tuna steaks, bloodline removed, diced into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- A few turns of freshly grated black pepper
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds (for garnish)
- 2 teaspoons chives, minced (for garnish)
- In large bowl, whisk together all ingredients except tuna, salt, black pepper, black sesame seeds and chives.
- Add tuna and stir gently to combine.
- Spoon tuna tartare onto tops of wonton crackers.
- Sprinkle with black sesame seeds.
- Garnish with sprinkle of fresh chives.
- Keep very cold and serve immediately.
Make sure tuna is fresh; it should smell fresh, not fishy.
Keep tuna well chilled until ready to assemble and serve.
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/living/celebrate/super-bowl/tuna-tartare/