Trio of hummus: Basic hummus recipe
Yield 3 cups
- 1/2 cup tahini
- Three 15-ounce cans garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin, toasted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 whole roasted garlic bulb, slice a small area off of the entire top and discard top
- 1 whole lemon, ends removed and sliced, then roasted
- Assorted veggies for crudite tray: celery, radishes and jicama slices
- In a food processor, combine the garbanzo beans, lemon juice, tahini, toasted cumin, 6 large cloves of roasted garlic, salt and 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, then blend until smooth.
- Divide the hummus evenly between 3 bowls.
- Next, prepare the different colors of hummus one at a time per the recipes below, cleaning the food processor well between each finished dish.
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/living/celebrate/super-bowl/trio-of-hummus/