Heirloom Tomato, Mushroom, & Bacon Flatbread with Chimichurri
- 2 cups basil leaves
- 1 clove garlic
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
- 3-4 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- 2 Pieces garlic naan
- ½ cups sliced mushrooms
- Tbsp. olive oil
- Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Juice from ½ lemon
- 1 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
- 6 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella, torn into chunks (not shredded cheese)
- To make the Chimichurri, mince basil and garlic. Combine in a bowl with red pepper flakes, vinegar, olive oil, lemon juice and mix. Season with salt and pepper and refrigerate until ready to use.
- To make the pizzas, preheat the oven broiler to 350°F.
- Heat your grill on medium and grill naan for a few minutes on both sides, until grill marks appear. Set aside on a baking sheet. (Grilling is entirely optional).
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium and add mushrooms. Sauté until golden brown and season with salt and pepper.
- Set mushrooms aside and in the same pan melt the butter and sauté the garlic for 2 minutes or until lightly golden. Do not burn!
- Add in lemon juice and remove from heat.
- Spoon half of the garlic butter on each pizza. Evenly divide the mushrooms, tomatoes, bacon, and mozzarella onto the pizzas.
- Place under the broiler for about 3 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbling. Keep a close eye on it, they can burn quickly!
- Let pizzas cool for a few minutes before topping with chimichurri!
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/living/celebrate/super-bowl/heirloom-tomato-mushroom-bacon-naan-pizza/