Crockpot Quinoa and Butternut Squash Soup
- 4 cups butternut squash, chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 can (15.25 ounces) black beans
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) fire-roasted petite diced tomatoes
- 1 small jalapeño, optional
- 1 can (19 ounces) red enchilada sauce
- 5 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 packet (1.25 ounces) taco seasoning
- Optional toppings: shredded Parmesan cheese, fresh lime juice, sour cream, chopped parsley
- Spray your slow cooker with nonstick spray.
- Peel and deseed the butternut squash. Cut it into cubes and place in the slow cooker.
- Add in the corn, drained and rinsed black beans, rinsed quinoa (I rinse mine in a fine mesh sieve), minced garlic, undrained fire-roasted petite diced tomatoes, enchilada sauce, the vegetable or chicken broth, and the packet of taco seasoning.
- Give everything a really good stir, cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or until the quinoa is cooked and the butternut squash is tender.
- Remove the lid and stir everything together really well.
- Season with any additional spices and/or salt and pepper if desired.
- Top bowls with optional toppings - some shredded Parmesan cheese, fresh lime juice, sour cream, and parsley.
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/living/celebrate/super-bowl/crockpot-quinoa-butternut-squash-soup/