Prosciutto-Wrapped Asparagus Bundles
- 6 ounces sliced prosciutto
- 1/2 pound asparagus, trimmed
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Group the trimmed asparagus spears in bundles of three and wrap a slice of prosciutto around each bundle at an angle, working to cover the entire length of the spears.
- Repeat the process with remaining prosciutto and asparagus bundles.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Once the oil is hot, add the asparagus bundles and cook until prosciutto is crisp and the asparagus is tender, about 4-5 minutes.
- In the meantime, preheat your broiler. (A toaster oven works great for this step if your oven is filled with turkey and sides.)
- Transfer asparagus bundles to a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Pile the Parmesan cheese on top of the bundles (don’t be shy!).
- Place the baking sheet under the broiler for 2-3 minutes. You’ll need to watch these very carefully when broiling them. Pull them out as soon as the cheese starts to bubble and brown. The key is to have some of the cheese stay gooey, while some gets crunchy.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/living/celebrate/super-bowl/cheesy-prosciutto-wrapped-asparagus-bundles/