Caramelized Onion and Spinach Stuffed Mushrooms
- 1 medium sized onion, peel removed and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 large Portabello mushrooms, stem removed
- 1/4 cup finely chopped spinach
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup freshly grated mozzarella cheese
- Freshly parsley, for topping optional
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Rub down each mushroom generously with olive oil.
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat add all of the onion slices, butter, and sugar. Stir gently and frequently until completely tender, about 8-10 minutes
- Add in the finely chopped spinach and sauté for another minute.
- Stuff the mushrooms full with the tender onion and spinach mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine the Parmesan and mozzarella cheese in a small bowl.
- Top each mushroom evenly with the cheese.
- Bake until golden brown and the cheese is melted for about 10-14 minutes. If the cheese is browning too quickly, top with a little bit of foil.
- Remove, allow to slightly cool, and top with fresh parsley.
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/living/celebrate/super-bowl/caramelized-onion-spinach-stuffed-mushrooms/