When your sweet tooth begs for a cool, creamy dessert, stop what you’re doing and make this chocolate peanut butter pie! Inspired by a recipe from the Food Network’s Ree Drummond, here’s a version with a small change that makes a big difference in taste.
No question: Chocolate and peanut butter are a match made in sweet-treat heaven. You can always get your chocolate and peanut butter fix by nibbling away at Reese’s peanut butter cups, but sometimes, candy just can’t satisfy your need for a summer-loving dessert that doesn’t melt in your purse.
ALSO TRY: Traditional homemade peanut brittle
Our copycat recipe for Ree Drummond’s chocolate peanut butter pie features a yummy crushed-Oreo crust, a creamy peanut butter filling, and a gorgeous creamy topping—all sprinkled with peanuts and chilled to perfection.
>> Click here to jump straight to the recipe
Add Oreos to food processor
You pulverize the Oreos (or other chocolate sandwich cookies) whole—yes, including the creme layer—to create this sweet and crunchy pie crust. Make your life easier by crushing them in a food processor.
Add melted butter to crumbs
Add butter to the crumbs and mix well until the crumbs are completely moistened.
Pour crust mixture into a pie pan
Using the flat end of a measuring cup, or other tool of your choice, pack the cookie crumb mixture tight into the bottom of the pie pan.
Add peanut butter and cream cheese to a bowl
Using a handheld mixer, blend the peanut butter and cream cheese together completely until smooth.
Add powdered sugar to the peanut butter mixture cream
Using the handheld mixer again, completely blend the powdered sugar into the peanut butter and cream cheese until smooth.
Add whipped cream to the other ingredients
Now you can add in the whipped cream, carefully blending it all together until very smooth.
Spoon filling into the Oreo pie crust
Gently spoon in and spread out the delicious peanut butter filling into your pie crust.
Sprinkle roasted peanuts over the peanut butter filling
Sprinkle your pie generously with peanuts and then stick it in the fridge to set for at least 1 hour.
Get ready to enjoy a tasty chocolate peanut butter confection!
Once completely set, prepare to cut and serve.
Oreos, peanuts, and peanut butter: the perfect combo
Delightfully delicious flavors combined in this pie
Peanut butter and oreo goodness all in one amazing dessert
The Pioneer Woman's chocolate peanut butter pie
Yield 8 servings
- 25 whole chocolate sandwich cookies, such as Oreos
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 - 8-ounce package of whipped cream topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. degrees.
- Using a food processor, add the cookies and pulse until cookies are finely ground.
- Pour crumbs into a medium bowl.
- Pour the melted butter over the top of the crumbs, stirring until well combined.
- Press into a pie pan and bake 5 - 7 minutes, or until well set.
- Remove from the oven.
- Set aside and allow to cool completely.
- Place the peanut butter and cream cheese in a large bowl.
- Using a hand mixer, beat the peanut butter with the cream cheese until smooth.
- Add powdered sugar and continuing mixing until smooth.
- Add in whipped topping and continue to beat until very smooth.
- Pour the filling into the pie crust, smoothing out the top with a knife or spatula.
- Sprinkle with dry roasted peanuts.
- Place in refrigerator and chill for at least an hour before serving.