Naturally dyed rainbow pasta
- 1 package of spaghetti or pasta of your choice
- 2 cups fresh beets, chopped
- 2 cups water (for beets)
- 3 tablespoons fresh turmeric, thinly sliced
- 3 cups water (for turmeric)
- 1 small head purple cabbage, chopped
- 3 cups water (for cabbage)
- Prepare pasta in large pot of boiling water; cook for 2 minutes less than recommended cook time.
- Separate pasta into six baggies or Tupperware containers and set aside.
- For yellow dye: Boil 3 cups water with 3 tablespoons thinly sliced or grated fresh turmeric until water turns a deep yellow color (about 5–10 minutes).
- For pink dye: Boil 2 cups chopped beets in 2 cups water until water turns deep pink (about 5–10 minutes).
- For purple dye: Boil 3 cups water with 1 head chopped purple cabbage until water turns deep purple (about 10–12 minutes).
- For orange dye: Mix 1/3 cup pink dye and 1 cup yellow dye.
- For blue dye: Add 1 teaspoon baking soda to 2 cups purple dye. Stir until dissolved.
- For green dye: Mix 1 cup yellow dye and 1 cup blue dye.
- Pour each dye over each bag of pasta and allow pasta to soak for 30 minutes to 2 hours.Serve with your favorite pasta sauce or toppings.
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/living/celebrate/st-patricks-day/naturally-dyed-rainbow-pasta/