Cheesy beer fondue
Yield 4–6 servings
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- 8 ounces Gruyère cheese, grated
- 1 medium clove garlic, halved
- 3/4 cup beer
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 dashes hot pepper sauce
- Kosher salt
- White pepper
- In large bowl, toss together both cheeses with cornstarch until evenly coated. Set bowl aside.
- Rub cut pieces of garlic cloves around inside of fondue pot or double boiler.
- Set fondue pot or double boiler over pot of simmering water. Do not allow it to come into direct contact with simmering water.
- Add beer. Heat until steaming.
- Keep burner on low heat and begin adding cheeses, one handful at a time, stirring until melted before adding next handful of cheese.
- Continue adding cheeses until all is melted into beer and forms smooth, glossy melted cheese sauce, about 10 minutes. Keep fondue below simmer once you start adding cheese, or it will break and separate.
- Stir in lemon juice until fully incorporated.
- Season with hot pepper sauce, salt and pepper.
- If you used a double boiler, transfer cheese mixture into fondue pot, keeping it warm and melted.
- Serve immediately with toasted pretzel bites.
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/living/celebrate/st-patricks-day/cheesy-beer-fondue/