Vanilla Pear Rum Cocktail
- 1/2 medium pear, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon clementine juice
- Clementine zest
- 1 vanilla pod (can be substituted with a few drops of vanilla extract), sliced in the middle with some seeds taken out
- 2 tablespoons white rum
- 1-1/4 cups tonic water
- Fresh thyme (optional)
- Place the pear at the bottom of the muddling or mixing glass, using the muddler to press out the juices.
- Strain the pear juice in the serving glass then add the honey, clementine juice, rum and some vanilla seeds. Stir well.
- Add the ice, pour the tonic water and stir.
- Garnish with the clementine zest, fresh thyme (if using) and the vanilla pod.
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/living/celebrate/new-years/vanilla-pear-rum-cocktail/