1. Combine blackberries, water and sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a gentle simmer.
2. Stir every few minutes and scrape down the sides. Do not let the sauce boil or foam too much. Lower heat if needed.
3. Once berries soften and release their juice, about 5-7 minutes, smash them with your spoon. This will help thicken the sauce and get out all the flavor.Cook for another 3-5 minutes until all the berries are broken down.
4. Strain mixture into a heat-safe bowl. Smash the pulp through the strainer to get out all the juice. Discard the remaining pulp and seeds. Cool the mixture.
5. Using a blender or food processor, combine red wine, pineapple, juiced orange and lime. Add 1/2 cup of the blackberry sauce. Save the remaining sauce.
6. Blend the mixture until smooth and well incorporated.
7. If you’re using an ice-cream maker, transfer the mixture and follow your machine’s directions to finish the recipe.
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/living/celebrate/mothers-day/dole-whip-recipe-with-cabernet-sangria/