Strawberry, fennel and arugula salad with cacao nibs
Yield 2 servings
- 1/2 vanilla bean seeds, scraped
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon pink peppercorns, smashed, plus extra whole peppercorns for garnish
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups arugula, washed, dried
- 2 cups strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 large fennel bulb, core removed, sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces, toasted
- In a small bowl, add vanilla bean seeds, vinegar, olive oil, honey, pink peppercorns, and salt. Whisk until well blended.
- In a large bowl, toss arugula, sliced strawberries, and fennel until combined.
- Drizzle salad with some of the vinaigrette and toss to coat. Sprinkle liberally with cacao nibs. Garnish with additional pink peppercorns and toasted pecans.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/living/celebrate/labor-day/this-tasty-strawberry-fennel-and-arugula-salad-with-cacao-nibs-is-a-beautiful-salad-that-will-please-all-your-senses/