- 5-7 small tomatoes (or 2 cups diced tomato)
- 1/2 onion
- 1 fresh jalapeño
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- 1 apple, diced
- 1 ripe mango, diced
- 1-2 limes
- 4 ounces Fireball Whisky (plus more for drinking while you’re making the salsa)
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- Slice tomatoes in half, gently squeeze out seeds and juice. Roughly chop onion and jalapeño into large pieces.
- Place tomatoes, onions and jalapeños on a sheet pan or oven-safe dish. Drizzle with olive oil and a sprinkle of salt. Lightly toss with your fingers. Even out ingredients in one single layer.
- Place under broiler for 15-20 minutes, until lightly charred and blistered.
- Prepare your fruit. Core and dice the apple. Peel and dice the mango. Place both in a bowl.
- Squeeze lime over fruit. Add the Fireball to the bowl, stir and set aside.
- Once tomato, onion and jalapeño are charred, remove and let cool for 20-30 minutes.
- Once cooled off, place all ingredients into a food processor.
- Blend to combine for 15-20 seconds.
- Roughly chop cilantro and add cilantro into the food processor.
- Continue to pulse until thoroughly combined.
- Remove salsa from food processor and place into a bowl. Taste and add additional salt, lime or Fireball, if desired.
- Serve with tortilla chips or use as a condiment.
- The ingredients only need to be cut into large pieces. The food processor will do the rest of the work.
- Omit the jalapeño seeds for a less spicy salsa.
- In this recipe, the peel of the apple was left on. Remove the skin if preferred.
- Add cilantro, to taste, or omit entirely.
- Taste the salsa after combining. Add additional salt and lime, to taste.
- Add additional Fireball if you would like more of the booze flavor in the salsa.
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/living/celebrate/labor-day/how-to-make-fireball-alcohol-salsa/