Instant Pot pumpkin soup
Yield 4-6 bowls
- 1 tablespoon light oil
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 small yellow onion (roughly chopped)
- 2 large shallots (roughly chopped)
- 3 inches ginger root (roughly chopped)
- 3-4 cloves garlic (roughly chopped)
- 1 lower end of lemongrass stalk (roughly chopped) (optional)
- 1-2 thai chilis (also known as bird’s eye chilis) (optional, but add these if you like it spicy)
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- 2 large carrots (roughly chopped)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 can coconut milk + 1 cup coconut milk (for garnish)
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- Chopped thai chilis, pepitas, and cilantro for garnish
- Roughly chop vegetables.
- On Instant Pot, press Sauté. Adjust to Normal heat, and wait until display says, "Hot."
- Add light oil and sesame oil to pan. Sauté onions and shallots until softened.
- Add garlic, lemongrass, ginger and chilies, and sauté until fragrant, 30 seconds to a minute.
- Add pumpkin, carrots, salt, pepper and turmeric. Mix thoroughly, and cook until warm.
- Press Keep Warm/Cancel button. Add 2 cups vegetable broth, 1 can coconut milk, and juice of 1 lime.
- Close Instant Pot, turn vent to Sealing position, press Manual, and adjust time to 5 minutes.
- When cooking is complete, allow pressure to naturally release for 5 minutes before turning vent to release remaining pressure.
- Open lid and stir contents, making sure nothing is stuck to pan.
- Use immersion blender or regular blender to purée the soup.
- To serve, ladle soup into bowls and pour spiral of chilled full-fat coconut milk over bowl, starting at center and swirling outward. Garnish with desired toppings and serve.
Recipe by Grateful | makeitgrateful.com at https://www.makeitgrateful.com/living/celebrate/halloween/instant-pot-pumpkin-soup/